• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

length of skyjacker 3'' lift tubular lower control arms?

jfxj75

NAXJA Forum User
I was just wondering if anyone knows how much longer than stock the skyjacker 3'' lift lower control arms are? Just wondering because I have some SERIOUS death wobble goin' on! I know that the shortness of these arms has to be contributing to the DW problem. BTW, I'm running 7.5'' of lift on stock uppers, and the SJ lowers(I have trimmed the lower shock mount and the uni frame for flex clearance of course!) Anyone else ever run this combo? Just curious.

WTF you doin runnin 7.5" of lift on stock uppers?

jfxj75 said:
BTW, I'm running 7.5'' of lift on stock uppers, and the SJ lowers(I have trimmed the lower shock mount and the uni frame for flex clearance of course!) Anyone else ever run this combo? Just curious.

no kidding WTF. if i can remember correctly from wayyy back. the skyjacker 3" arms were basically stock length, or no more than 1/4'' bigger. they are included for 'llooks' and CA added strength i guess.

you need to keep that thing off the road before u kill somebody seriously.

get the adjustables with the RE Drop brackets, or get adj longarms. Period

what u mean u trimmed shock mount. and said of course like we all do that with our rigs. you cant flex worth a shhhh with that setup

It really doesn't handle that bad on the road. I think a lot of the DW will be cured whan I get it aligned, and replace my rod ends.(it does have 204,000 on it) Yes, I trimmed the uni-frame right below the u.c.a. pivots. Theres a little tab there that restricts downward movement. If you havent already trimmed your shock mounts, do it! You'll get quite a bit more flex. And as to why I havent got those new, pricey arms yet? I'm waiting to save up some cash for materials. I'm going to build my own long-arm(radius-arm) setup. I'm also thinking of doing the same in the rear. I've got some old TJ rear coils laying around, so why not? Possibly a three-link in the rear maybe. I don't know yet. And YES, I do know what anti-squat, lift points, roll centers, ect. are. BTW, I never run sway bars!:explosion :passgas:(you'd be surprised at the flex!)

96CheroKeeClassik said:
So.... can anyone verify what the length those SKYJACKER LCA's are that come with their 3" lift??
IIRC they were the same length C-C as the stock lowers.IIRC we put the bolt thru both holes and they fit thru both arms with no problem (bolt thru both arms at both ends = same length C-C )
Wayne

Wayne Sihler said:
IIRC they were the same length C-C as the stock lowers.IIRC we put the bolt thru both holes and they fit thru both arms with no problem (bolt thru both arms at both ends = same length C-C )
Wayne
yes, that is what i did as well. i said stock length but no more than 1/4'' bigger. so basically ur running 7.5" lift with stock control arms. YIKES

a guy would be better off getting 4 adjustable HD arms IMO....( assuming its under 5.5" of lift. over 5" of lift with arms in stock location is gonna have horrible street and trail manners

And the DEE DEE DEE award of the year goes to.....

jfxj75 said:
I was just wondering if anyone knows how much longer than stock the skyjacker 3'' lift lower control arms are? Just wondering because I have some SERIOUS death wobble goin' on! I know that the shortness of these arms has to be contributing to the DW problem. BTW, I'm running 7.5'' of lift on stock uppers, and the SJ lowers(I have trimmed the lower shock mount and the uni frame for flex clearance of course!) Anyone else ever run this combo? Just curious.

Back