• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WNC Please help me!

HKrake

NAXJA Forum User
I love my 97 Jeep Cherokee Sport. It's the 1st and only thing i've ever owned. I was recently told it blew a head gasket & maybe cracked the block. It's at 150K, perfect body, no other problems. How much does a new gasket cost in the bryon city/andrews/ robbinsville/ murphy:us: area cost? Is there anyone you guys and gals would recommend? How much is a new engine? And who would you recommend for that? Please please please help the Jeep girl out!

welcome to naxja.

I do have a motor at my shop in florida thats a good used one from a wrecked cherokee...$550. I dont know what they sell for up there. I will be traveling up to blue ridge ga. (half hour south of murphy) on monday night and leaving to come to florida on wednesday morning. SO IF you decided to get the motor from me you'd have to come to blueridge on tuesday to pick it up. Sorry but thats the most help I can be until I get my shop built up there.

HKrake said:
I love my 97 Jeep Cherokee Sport. It's the 1st and only thing i've ever owned. I was recently told it blew a head gasket & maybe cracked the block. It's at 150K, perfect body, no other problems. How much does a new gasket cost in the bryon city/andrews/ robbinsville/ murphy:us: area cost? Is there anyone you guys and gals would recommend? How much is a new engine? And who would you recommend for that? Please please please help the Jeep girl out!

WNC Custom Jeeps are great guys... they ought to be able to give you a hand out... e-mail Jody - or PM him here - WNC Custom Jeeps is his username...

http://www.wnccustomjeeps.com/index.htm

Re: WNC Pleare hthp me!

Hey, Welcome to NA8LA.
I live in Canton.
If you have a cracked block
you will prolly have tn get%a new or used motor.
H#would be willing tn he|t out in any way
that I can.

Mark, Jody or Travis/YellowXJ are Very good people and can help you out.

Hey, I wasn't sure anyone would respond, but everyone has been great! I just got quoted 275 for a head gasket and 1400 for a block, etc. Is this a fair price? Does anyone do jeep engine rebuilds? Thanks!

Is the 1400 instaled and out the door with a waranty? If you can wait till july and get the block form Travis I'd bet we could get a wrench fest together one night. LOL! Oh yea what Mark\2offroad said too...

Back