• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Waggy D44 torque Specs?

kstacoma

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,
Not a jeep guy but putting one of the grand wagoneer driverside drop non vacuum assist d44s under my tacoma. I was wondering if anyone had torque specs for pretty much the whole axle but especially spindle nuts. Also has anyone had problems with them loosening on them? I read something on 4x4wire about it but wondered how common it really was.
Thanks a ton,
Jamie

kstacoma said:
Hey guys,
Not a jeep guy but putting one of the grand wagoneer driverside drop non vacuum assist d44s under my tacoma. I was wondering if anyone had torque specs for pretty much the whole axle but especially spindle nuts. Also has anyone had problems with them loosening on them? I read something on 4x4wire about it but wondered how common it really was.
Thanks a ton,
Jamie

spindle nuts are:

tighten the inner to 50 ft'lbs while spinning the rotor, then back off 1/6-1/4 of a turn, lign up peg on the little washer to the closest spot, then tighten the outer nut to 50 ft'lbs...

bearing caps are 60 ft'lbs
ring gear bolts are 55 ft'lbs

Back