• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumper vacuum ball?

Cornflake

NAXJA Forum User
I have an '89 XJ that I trimmed the fenders on including the front panels under the corner lights. I also cut the bumper to make it look more like aftermarket ones I've seen and ran into a container on the passenger side. I was told it's a vacuum ball for something? Anyways, where is the easiest place to relocate this so I can cut the bumper a little bit more. Plus the lines stick out where I cut it and I can see them getting snagged on something while I'm wheeling.

I tucked mine up under the fan with a cable tie. fastened to the radiator cross member I did how ever need to extend the vac. lines and run them in from the front of the shroud to prevent them from hitting the fan

If you follow the vac lines back they pass very close to the coolant pressure bottle. I cut the lines back and remounted the vac canister under the collant pressure bottle. Fits great! Should have been mounted there in the first place.

When I built my bumper I just took mine off and plugged the line. Have no problems but not everyone would agree with that method. Just a thought.

Back