• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lockright help....

gixer

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I have a Lockright in the front of my HP D30. Worked great for a bit. I had the front drive shaft shortened and some new u-joints put in. Now it seems that the locker is not locking. When in 4-wheel drive it makes a popping sound. I jacked up the front end and spun one tire the other tire just stayed there. I pulled the cover and sure enough it’s not locking.
Any one have any ideas for me as to what could be going on??
Thanks

They are fine and I have bought a thrust washer kit to shim the hole thing as per Richmond Gear. Next step is to send it back but I need this thing to work now so before I waste all that time I am trying to see if there is some thing else I might be over looking.

gixer said:
Ok I have a Lockright in the front of my HP D30. Worked great for a bit. I had the front drive shaft shortened and some new u-joints put in. Now it seems that the locker is not locking. When in 4-wheel drive it makes a popping sound. I jacked up the front end and spun one tire the other tire just stayed there. I pulled the cover and sure enough it’s not locking.
Any one have any ideas for me as to what could be going on??
Thanks
That is normal, when you do the test, you need to have it in 4WD then spin one wheel one direction till it locks and hold it there the other wheel should spin freely the oppositie direction (with popping). Vise versa on the other direction and other wheel. What you did is what would happen in a turn, the locker will allow the faster tire to spin ahead and not lock up.

Ben H said:
What is making a popping noise? Is it the Lockrite?
Yes when I am in 4 wheel drive the locker is slipping and making a poping sound.

Back