• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

led taillights

jayuu

NAXJA Forum User
ive searched but none of it worked.

i have some led taillights and i cant get them to work right. my problem is that both sides flash when i use the turn signal with parking lights on or off, and when the brakes are on there is no flashing just brakes.

i have the grounds all grounded)blacks and white). i have the parking light wires (blue with red stripe) hooked to the wire its supposed to (black). and the turn and brake wires (white with stripe and tan) to their wire (red). these are the instrutions on the taillights wiring for hooking them up.

i tried switching the hazard and trun signal flashers but didnt work.

are these wired wrong? or is the hazard signal not heavy duty enough/ need an electronic one? thanks for any help as this is asked semi frequently it seems.

there is a ground for each stock incandescant bulb. they are all black. the turn signals wire is brown. the parking lamps is blue with a red stripe from what i can tell, there are two of these. the brake lamp is white with a stripe. the brake and turn signals are supposed to be wired together to the red wire on the led according to the directins on the box. and the parking lamps to the black and the ground to the white. they are sealed led ovals from farm and fleet. i think 5 leds inside. three wires out back. thanks

Try switching your flasher relay's in the fuse box. I switched the blinker flasher for the hazzard, and the hazzards, and brake lights started working. I went to auto store, and bought the same turn signal relay. I use the same relay for both flashers and turns, and they work great now. You can also get the electronic flasher relays. They are supposed to be better as they're not "draw" dependant.

I don't believe that you can tie the brake and turn wires together. When one is on it would back feed into the other. Making a left turn signal light both turn lights, untill the brakes are put on then there would be no flashing. There is a way, but I'll have to think about it for a while.

DAryl

i already tried the flasher thing. no luck.
i installed the passs side light first, and when i used that signal both sides would flash. when i used the driver side though, still stock, everything worked like normal.

You need to install a 4 wire trailer harness to convert to the S/T/T LED light. And a little hint stay away from the Hoppy brand they suck. I got mine from a U-haul store

I know there are a bunch of threads on this topic.....I just don't feel like digging them up.

Your stock tail lights are a 3 light system......if you're only going with a 2 light system (stop/turn/tail and a reverse light), then make sure you go buy one of these:

18130.jpg

It's a trailer wiring harness and you just plug the wires into it that it tells you to......take it from someone that has been there/done that....the brand of wiring harness is important. Some of the other brands look like this, but they DO NOT work for this kind of application.....for whatever reason.

P1atinum said:
You need to install a 4 wire trailer harness to convert to the S/T/T LED light. And a little hint stay away from the Hoppy brand they suck. I got mine from a U-haul store

That's the ticket.

One good hint is to buy 2 converter kits, that way you don't have to run wires across form side to side. ;)

ahhh. they work perfect if my parking lamps are on. but when they are off, both flash. if the right signal is on, all 9 leds on the right side are on but only 4 on the left side flash. any idea whats wrong? ill recheck all of my wiring tomorrow otherwise, and maybe put another trailer adapter on so each side has its own.

Back