• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

weight distribution.... front/rear

shimmy

NAXJA Forum User
so the whole COG thing is easy to figure out, but what about weight distribution spreading from front bumper to rear bumper. with a BPI front winch bumper and an XD9000i winch, my front is crazy heavy. and all i have is a stock rear bumper! i load the back up with my spare tire, shafts, tow equipment, jack, and some tools, but it doesn't seem to be enough. i feel like i'm a gonna flip forward, coming down some of the steep decents.

my question: what do ya'll do or prefer, as far as weight distribution goes? i've been thinking of getting an aftermarket rear bumper, but i don't know how much of a difference that will make...

-b

I'm gonna be a dick and pull you off topic right away... How is cog easy to figure? What are you doing, weighing eack axle individually, and applying the % difference to the wheelbase?

As for distribution, I don't think a heavy nose is bad at all. Think about it: which happens more often, lifting the rear tires on a downhill, or lifting the fronts on a climb?

Robert

Mine is heavyer in the rear. I have heavy bumpers on each end, winch on front and tow hitch on rear. I also have an almost full width roll away 5 drawer toll box full of tools bolts and other small parts, must be at least 500lbs. This tends to make the rear leafs flex.

Back