• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What size Glassoack?

Centrevillemx

NAXJA Forum User
Ok i'm ready to order a glass pack. Assuming I use stock pipes before and after the muffler what size do i need to buy? It'll prollt be a Cherry Bomb or Thrush

Pipe size is 2-1/4" for the stock system. Measure your OEM muffler to get the length.

Are the Thrush still a round can with a crimped seam lengthwise, and crimped-on end caps? That's the way they used to be made (like a conventional muffler shell) and they generally didn't last very long at all. The Cherry Bomb has a heavier can with all welded seams and tapered ends -- no crimp to attract moisture, acid, and rust.

I'm pretty sure my Thrush is all welded. I remember the old crimp years back though. The diameter is 2 1/4" as said, but measure for length. In fact, make sure you don't have to cut off your old muffler, that will mean you'll need a longer pack. My old muffluer was 25" long but I had to cut it off at the tail pipe which meant I had to pick up a 27" long pack.

I had to cut off part of the muffler pipe as well, to fit a flex pipe section in. The stock muffler is offset unlike the glasspack, so I had to do this to keep the tailpipe strait.

and the thrush is all welded, for sure. I've had mine over 3 years and I've beat the heck out of it and it's still holding up real good.

Back