• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

so i don't hijack the original thread:issues after installing overhead console,HELP

JrTxJ

NAXJA Forum User
first one will hopefully be easy...the mileage on it for the odometer and trip counter aren't right. they seem to be saved from the previous car they were in. is there a way to reset them and make them correspond to mine??

the second is the bigger more annoying problem that i hate hate hate. my keyless entry no longer works. YES i swapped out my original keyless circuit board and i've checked all the wiring. no dice...i even tested out the original harness and wiring that just went to my dome light and keyless, and it still didn't work. it's really frustrating because i checked my wires and nothing seems to be wrong with them. my interior power locks all still work, my remotes just seem to be worthless and ineffective now. i hope i didn't fry the circuit board but i don't see anything physically wrong with it either. it's VERY annoying and i don't want to fork over $$ to a dealer to tell me my wiring stinks but still isn't the problem.

any help?!?! you guys are awesome so hopefully someone has an idea or three.

Re: so i don't hijack the original thread:issues after installing overhead console,HELP

To reset the OHC odometer - make sure it's on the odometer, and hold down both buttons until the door chime goes off. The trip odometer in the console won't match your dash trip odometer unless you reset them both; the one in the console is independant.

As far as the keyless entry - I'd be looking at the module if the wiring all works OK. I assume you plugged the old harness in down under the glovebox when you were trying to test the module?

Re: so i don't hijack the original thread:issues after installing overhead console,HELP

reset the console, thanks! i also realized it was in the owner's manual but said exactly what you did, so thank you.

does anyone know where (if at all) the power door lock relay and keyless relays are located? i know one of the wires is a power door unlock relay but i couldn't seem to find it in my owner's manual or haynes. anyone with the FSM have any clues?? none of my wires seemed to be loose and the board has no spots that point to a short...and i'm short on ideas so any help is GREATLY appreciated!

after a little researching, i just read that i should check out #12 -10 amp red under the hood...hopefully this is the problem, otherwise i'm stumped. can't wait to get out of work to play with my silly car!

Back