• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intake manfold upgrade

joshv98xj

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 98 XJ, anybody know what if anything I'd have to change to bolt in the 99+ intake manifold? Do I have to switch up the steering mounts and stuff or am I okay since I've got a 98? Anybody else done this? What about the fan clutch elimator trick? Any thoughts?

Thanks, but he did that on a 93. Yes, I searched before I posted. Yes I read it. If I missed something, don't post the entire link, tell me what you're trying to point out.

You'll just need to move vacuum lines and such around. Did this on my 97, and my butt didn't notice any hp or tq gains. Engine runs smoother.

Last edited:
I know that I MIGHT have to move my power steering stuff, but I want to find out if I HAVE to. The Aussie's XJ is also a pre-97, so that doesn't help a whole lot either.

bobb-
Do you have any other engine mods on your XJ? In hindsight would you do it again? I just want to make sure I'm reading you right, but you did not have to rebuild a new power steering mount, everything just bolted back up?

Back