• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

s10 lift?/5 inch lift questions

lucasxj

NAXJA Forum User
so i heard that you could use s10 leafs and get about 4 inchs of lift. is this true? it seems about right to me because i looked at some and its an axle over set up which would give you about 3 inches and they're a little more arched so that makes about 4 inches.

If this is true i would like to pic up a set and rearch them to hope fully get 5 inches out of them, then put a .75 inch shackle in and use 4.5 inch rockkrawler coils up front because they net at about 5 inches ive heard and they're CHEAP! $99 can't beat that! a track bar anybody have any good cheap track bar ideas? some sort of control arm set up (haven't decided yet i might make my own if i can find a welder i can use) homemade transfer case drop, some sort of extended or dropped brakelines, homemade discos some sort of shocks, and 34x10.50 LTBs with hacked fenders. am i missing anything? if you have ideas, have a similar set up or have seen one and might have pics let me know i would be glad to know your input.

Yeah, 4-5 inches is probably about right. They won't bolt right in of course, but they can be easily modified to work.

Just keep the stock main leaf from your XJ, throw the other XJ leaves aside. Then cut off the ends of the main leaf of the S-10 springs so its length matches the length of your XJ's main. Get a new 5/16" center pin from a shop and assemble.

I used to wheel an '89 S-10 Jimmy. Those back springs made an XJ look like a skateboard in the rear. They flexed and rode great.

Dodge Dakota leaves with the spring under (like an S-10) supposedly work great too.

is there any limit to the year of blazer or s10? i went to a near by salvage yard and they have a ton of mid 80s to early 90s s10 blazers. does anybody know about how much it would cost to get leafs rearched?

Avoid the rearching concept altogether. I have heard too many horror stories of leaves cracking or settling (sagging) very quickly. Re arching is a so-so idea for getting saggy springs back to original arch. Bad idea for trying to get more than original arch.

I hadn't heard that S-10's came with different #'s of leaves. Maybe a tow package or something? I don't think that there is much difference in the leaves between different years, just get the ones that are in the best shape. I would try to find the 4-leaf packs. Don't forget Dodge Dakotas with spring-unders. They are probably arched even more than the S-10's.

Back