• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ dana 44 shafts fit xj housing?

rockwerks

NAXJA Forum User
doing a zj brake swap and can hook up a set of TJ dana 44 axle shafts, with retainers and bearings......... I know I need Tj reatainer plates anyway was wondering if the Tj shafts will work

about 2 years ago superior told me that the Super 44 kit for the TJ would work in my XJ 44 but the only needed mod would be to replace the retainer plates with the larger XJ ones.

So I would say yes.

I hope the retainer plates are all that I would need to change as my spare shafts are tj 44 shafts. From my last research (long time ago on this) I saw they would fit hence the reason I have them---------------Kyle

the ONLY difference btwn TJ and XJ D44 shafts are the retainer plates... same shafts, same bearings, same seals... different plates.

Jeepin Jason said:
the ONLY difference btwn TJ and XJ D44 shafts are the retainer plates... same shafts, same bearings, same seals... different plates.

X2

I just bought a set of TJ Alloy USA shafts for my XJ, I used all the TJ parts (shafts, seals, bearings, etc) but I bought retainer plates from the dealership for a 87 XJ.

Back