• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

redrilled trackbar bracket

Tre

NAXJA Forum User
ok i got a 4" lift. and was still utilizing the factory trackbar. i today i decided to redrill the bracket to set the front axle back centered under the jeep. well what i did was centered the wheel. locked it in place. undid the trackbar at the axle and shook the vehicle side to side on the fenders to get the axle to center. drilled the hole which was about 3/4" off from the factory hole. button'd it all up. and now my steering wheel is way outta wack.

do i need to get another front end alignment done now?

Tre said:
ok i got a 4" lift. and was still utilizing the factory trackbar. i today i decided to redrill the bracket to set the front axle back centered under the jeep. well what i did was centered the wheel. locked it in place. undid the trackbar at the axle and shook the vehicle side to side on the fenders to get the axle to center. drilled the hole which was about 3/4" off from the factory hole. button'd it all up. and now my steering wheel is way outta wack.

do i need to get another front end alignment done now?
Umm yeah... cause you just changed how the draglink sits in relation to everything.

I think you just need to re-center the steering wheel. The only thing that should have changed is the length of the draglink. There should be an adjusting sleeve right there by the pitman arm.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't aligned stock steering in a while.

passxj said:
I think you just need to re-center the steering wheel. The only thing that should have changed is the length of the draglink. There should be an adjusting sleeve right there by the pitman arm.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't aligned stock steering in a while.
I am pretty sure that he needs to redo all: with the inverted Y you change one and everything gets screwed up.

Kejtar said:
I am pretty sure that he needs to redo all: with the inverted Y you change one and everything gets screwed up.

I guess you're right. If you shorten the draglink, you are changing the angle in relation to the knuckle. This will toe it in a little. Do a home alignment on it. All you need to do is center the wheel and reset the toe.

Gojeeps site has a write-up.

ok thanks guys. i figured i'd have to readjust the draglink and that would center the steering wheel.

i'll measure the tow after i'm done centering the wheel and get it as close as possible.

toe shouldn't have changed, or at least not enough to cause any issues, just recenter the steering wheel using the adjustment collar on the draglink up by the pitman arm.

Back