• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electrical help needed, what plug goes where?

HandBuiltXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I got my stroker in my 93 xj sunday night, and went to wire it up last night. But being that my buddy was the one who disconnected the old engine, i can't recall what plug goes where.

I have tried to pull and push till it fits method, but am still stuck on a few.

Like, what color are the wires that go to the coil connector plug?

and i got like 6 or so plugs on the passenger side that don't seem to go anywhere?

ANyone in the So Cal area not busy saturday night that can bring there 93-96 xj over so i can compare wiring????

Or anyone got detailed pics of the wiring on the passenger side that might help me too, thank you.

john

i got haynes and chiltons for the jeep, the colors are wrong though, i think someone spliced in a new connector some time, put i found some disassemble pics and the plug into the coil is correct. I think i may have the wrong crank position sensor and it isn't telling the comp when to pulse. i got the sensorefrom a 93 but the flexplate is a 89, ithink the sensors are different???

are the flexplates different from 89-93?

just learned that the flywheels and crank shaft position sensors are different... now do i change the flexplate that is an 89 that is balanced and installed for my 96 flexplate that i have? or do i get a ckps for an 89 and splice it into my jeep?

A picture is worth a thousand words. So many times I’ve wished I had taken a picture. Now we can with a digital camera. After the job is done you can delete them.

frogmanjohn said:
just learned that the flywheels and crank shaft position sensors are different... now do i change the flexplate that is an 89 that is balanced and installed for my 96 flexplate that i have? or do i get a ckps for an 89 and splice it into my jeep?

The flexplate needs to match the engine computer. They have different numbers of teeth, or holes since you're talking about a flexplate. I didn't think flexplates were balanced, or are you really talking about a flywheel? I think the sensors are different too, but I'm not positive about that. I do know that they are located in the same spot on the bellhousing and use the same mounting bolts. For the life of me, I can't remember which CPS sensor I used when I swapped the 99 tranny into my 89. I 'think' I had to use the 89 sensor.

Last edited:
the flex plates can be balanced too, and the sensor rings were way different.

i just posted this on another thread "dropped tranny, put on my 96 flex plate, and my baby was born at 1030 last night. bad fuel leak coming out of the fuel pressure test fitting on the rail, so i am going to change that out tonight and put in m 24 lb injectors and try to set the timing. but ITS ALIVE. i wish i would have new bout the harm balance way, it took me from 430 to 1030 to drop tran and bolt everything back together. But that cigar tasted sweeeeeeet, chased down by a homebrew irish stout that i started brewing a month ago, oh yeah...."

john

Back