• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

genuine or superior gears

DurbElites

NAXJA Forum User
just trying to find out which is a better gear between the two before i go out and order some 4.10's. I drive mostly mixed driving and put on a few good miles having fun in the mud so which one won't let me down.

DurbElites said:
just trying to find out which is a better gear between the two before i go out and order some 4.10's. I drive mostly mixed driving and put on a few good miles having fun in the mud so which one won't let me down.
geunies gears will have a superior whine to them ;) ok... maybe not whine.. but they do have a lifetime guarantee for a reason ;)

Kejtar said:
geunies gears will have a superior whine to them ;) ok... maybe not whine.. but they do have a lifetime guarantee for a reason ;)
Yeah, and if you don't mind setting up gears everytime, they're worth it.

genuine gears suck
I bought some and broke them in properly went to take off for a green light and they fell apart they were 4.56 in a dana 44

DeadSquirrel said:
gears are gears just get a good price with good garuntee...genuine gears are perfectly fine and have a lifetime warranty
Yeah, and if you don't mind setting up gears everytime, they're worth it.

DeadSquirrel said:
gears are gears just get a good price with good garuntee...genuine gears are perfectly fine and have a lifetime warranty

Quote of the day. :shiver:

I have had very good results with Precision Gear.

DeadSquirrel said:

Yep, quote of the day material here. Sorry, Squirrel, but this simply shows a lack of proper experience. I could quote too many horror stories to mention about genuine gears.......gears are NOT just gears, there is a difference in quality. I wouldn't install Genuine gears in a rig of mine if they were free.

I'd definitely go with Superior gears, or just stick with Dana which is always the best bet.

Yeah I have Yukons in my rear and they have been perfect just like my superiors in the d30.

DeadSquirrel said:
The lifetime warranty is there because the genuine gears suck. It's kind of like the lifetime warranty you get at an auto parts store on re- manufactured parts. They're so cheap to make, they can afford to offer a warranty like that. Go Superior!!!!

not to mention:

good luck with your genuine gear master install kits - chances are it will be for something entirely different than what you ordered it for. . . and if you get your junk from 4wheel parts wholesalers, they won't make it right - not my experience, but a story i've heard several times.

Yea Before I found this site I bought Genuine's for my jeep. BIG MISTAKE!!! The rear broke a pinion tooth off with only 5 thousand miles on them and two trail runs. Lucky for me I know the 4 wheel parts manager and am getting store credit for both the front and rear gear sets. I will be using yukons in my new diffs. Oh and this was in a low pinion D44 with 33's and it broke on the street not a trail.

Back