• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My first Jeep, help.....

Showalter

NAXJA Forum User
93 xj 4dr sport, 4.0 HO . Jeep has a 3" Pro comp lift. Rear springs ares sacked, and I need to find new ones. Also the front shocks have destroyed the lower shock bushings, can I get poly bushins for the ES3000 or do I need new shocks. Wouldnt mind heavy rear springs, I will be towing,, but not much weight,, aluminum snowmobile trailer with 2 sleds,, or a raft. thanks

Make sure it's got a big tranny cooler for the towing or you'll kill the tranny.

I would ditch the ES3000s all together and go for a better shock. If you also get BPEs (bar pin eliminators) you will avoid having the same problem in the future. the bar pin design makes it so that you ruin that bushing easily. You could throw poly bushings in there if you're on a budget though.

As for the springs, I would go with a 3" leaf pack from rusty's offroad. You can get a heavier spring rate one, just ask them for it. Others may say go with RE, it's a matter of preference, but basically IMO these are the only two decently priced good spring packs there are in the 3" range. OME has a 3" pack too, which is probalby superior to both, but you have to have deep pockets for those things. Their shocks are also probalby the best for on road ride quality, but again, not cheap. Other manufacturers that have quality springs don't make 3" packs AFAIK. Good luck.

Back