• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which rack is better?

smokeeaterXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey!
Has anyone had any experience with the Olympic 4x4 Top Hat Rack? Or the Kargo Master Bushman Steel Rack? Ive done a search but just couldnt find too much info on either one. What would u guys suggest? Are they both steel?

I have the Olympic 4x4 Top Hat Rack. I had it on my truck for about 6 months..then it started to rust. I got tired of cleaning the rust residue off my car and paying for the extra gas due to the drag... Now it sits in my garage

I have the kargomaster rack. very nice, and can mount to the factory roof rails.

rack23fx.jpg

rack10pw.jpg

I have read and reread the title, looked at the pics and I still don't get it.

Where is the poll?

And where are the BOOBIES?????

Trbocharg said:
I have the Olympic 4x4 Top Hat Rack. I had it on my truck for about 6 months..then it started to rust. I got tired of cleaning the rust residue off my car and paying for the extra gas due to the drag... Now it sits in my garage

X2 I am working on sealing it up so it won't leak rust water from the seams

X3 on the top hat. I got some black silcone and took it back apart. As I put it together, I covered the male section of the joint with the silcone. i do not have the problem any more. For the price it is a good choice. Just seal it from the begining and you wont have a problem with it.

I have a top hat and am very happy with it. So far, the most I've used it for is hauling a D35 (drum to drum) across country. It worked fine for that and other smaller chores.

Couple that with a nice, round...

Where were we? Oh yeah - cargo racks!

While we're on the subject (sorta...) does anyone know of a roof rack that will allow being mounted WITHOUT the OEMR rails? I peeled mine off a while ago and plugged the holes with rubber well nuts and brass screws (until I can get around to welding/patching them...) and I'd like a more useful rack than the two crossrails anyhow. I also plan to get quit of the goofy cushion rails - about the time I get rid of the sunroof as well...

5-90

I run conferrs rack. Really like it a lot.

SweetPoser.jpg

RAVINEFLEX.jpg

Wow $800.00 for a roof rack w/shpg. and no goodie extras? :(

Think I'll need to bolt some milk crates thru the roof first! lol

Hmmm, a plumbers roof rack! For under 100.00! including paint! HD and can be made to any size.....add plumbers rock sliders....add sign: Yep, I was a plumber in another life! :jester:

Would be lighter to solder a 1" to 1 1/2" copper rack together and could mod to attach to anything w/as many attachment points as needed.

Obviously I dont plan on building a Hollywood jeep. Just one that will get the job done! :)

OOps my mistake, kevins includes xtras! Nice rack but I couldnt afford a shovel after buying the rack! :(

Last edited:
I like the ARB the best, followed by the Kevin's Offroad in a close second place. Both are very expensive, but the quality on both are unreal.

Back