• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 Sport, Power Windows, locks problem

Clint

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 Sport. It has power everything (locks, mirrors, doors). First problem is the locks will only work when activated from the passenger side. Windows will not work from either side. I have checked all fuses and everything is good. I have checked the wiring going into the doors, and it seems to be fine (no pinches etc). I pulled the drivers side switch module, it was dirty. I wll shoot some WD into the lockout switch, but that doesn't explain why the locks do not work on the drivers side. If the WD trick don't work, I'm going to cut the wires like I read somewhere here and really make sure its not the switch. I'm wondering if there are any other ideas before I do that though. I'm afraid the switch is gone. Thanks..

Last edited:
Sounds to me like you're missing ground on the driver's switch panel. Do your lights inside the switches light up? If no, you have a dead panel.

As for cutting the wires, You could just temporary jump them out with a small piece of wire to see if that's the problem ( forgot exactly which 2 wires, but it's 2 different wires, 1 on each plug on the back of the switch panel. ).

I have the same problem, but I have a 93 and its just the windows. With mine I rewired it so the switches are no longer in the door, but now the windows don't work. When I work the switch there is a clicking under the dash, so connectivity is there at least from the switches to the dash, I don't know maybe the wire to the motor is bad. . Is there another fuse than under the dash? Also do you need all the switches for the windows to work, I accidently lost one when I was rewiring.

Thanks for the help and the thread still, answer clint's question first

93 XJ

Back