• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oxygen sensor harness 97 4.0 (where can i get one)

johnlv6

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know where to get an oxygen sensor harness for a 97 4.0 XJ? Is this just one part of the engine wiring harness?

I tried a search and couldn't find what i was looking for. My problem is pretty simple....i know the harness for the oxygen sensor at bank 1 sensor 2 is bad (the wires somehow fell on the driveshaft and split....i fixed them, that worked for about 200 miles) and is causing three codes to come up.

At first just the code for bank 1 sensor 1 (i replaced with a new Bosch OEM unit). Then the code came up for both sensors 1&2. Now i'm getting three codes (PO 135, PO 138, PO141). I'm pretty sure that replacing the harness with fix the problem...if not, i have the downstream sensor on hand and i can put that in too.

I'd like to see if anyone knows where i can locate one (i'm going to check with the dealer this week too). Thanks.

John

Last edited:
In a pinch, you can get a 3-pole Weatherpack and some bulk wire, and fix it yourself.

Failing that, try digging around a junkyard for the thing.

I don't know how much "subharness" is involved, but using a Weatherpack and some bulk wire is the easiest way to go (use crimp connectors!) and that will allow you to service the damaged section. Also, it will allow you to perform a "field modification" so you can keep that little annoyance from happening again...

5-90

I actually took the time to solder each wire and wrap it with heat shrink. That section looked to be intact....just how i'd left it (didn't even look dirty). I guess it could be somewhere else up the line. Unless i can just buy a harness, i'll have to give that a shot. Thanks for getting back to me so fast.

Did you check all your fuses? If the wires shorted out and blew the fuse then that might be what is causing the o2 heater faults.

Wiring diagram for the power feed to both upstream and downstream o2 sensors.
standard.jpg

The above picture shows the fuse as #23 in the PDC.
This next pic the layout of the PDC, the fuse block under the hood. Look in the middle section of fuses(directly under fog lamp relay No. 1), second from the left. F23 is the 15A O2 heater fuse, check that and see if it is blown. I bet it is.
standard.jpg

Good luck,

Thanks..I'm going to look at that today. Any idea what page that first diagram is in the FSM (i found the second)? I have it sitting in front of me.

Back