• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Polyurethane Bushings.

XJ91

NAXJA Forum User
Has any one changed there old worn bussings for the Poly type ones?

Is it worth it?

I was talking to a guy in a shop about, How my XJ has a lot of movement while driving, specially over bumps/potholes. He mentined changing out my busshings.

Any truth to this?

I think your best bet is a brand new set of rubber bushings,the poly's have alot of drawbacks not to mention the cost.

poly bushings

I installed poly bushings on my rear spring eyes of my OME 3" lift. I did notice a little more noise on uneven ground, but none on pavement. I was using them to eliminate wear (of bushings) and maybe help with sway. Is there something bad that may happen to my vehicle from running them as a daily driver? Iwas also considering getting POLY sway bar bushings too.

BLUTO :)

#1 he didnt mention where(front/back)?With poly it depends on the durometer of the bushing!The harder they are the more noise they make(sound transmission),the softer ones wear out quicker.They tend to squeak alot also.My recommendation was based more on the fact that his jeep is "stock".The aftermarket bushings(I just bought some from NAPA) are better than the OEM ones.

Back