• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Price quote

wheelchairman

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys what do you think the average person would pay for a 91 xj stock everything, 260,xxx miles, very straight body, 4wd works, rig runs great and gets good mpg for a xj. I ask this because Im thinkin of buyin a grand wagoneer. Yeah I know I'm stupid but I love those and they are easier for me with a back prob to get into.

so what should I ask for the xj? Oh it can have a fresh paintjob too so give a chipping clearcoat price and a goodpaint price

wheelchairman said:
Hey guys what do you think the average person would pay for a 91 xj stock everything, 260,xxx miles, very straight body, 4wd works, rig runs great and gets good mpg for a xj. I ask this because Im thinkin of buyin a grand wagoneer. Yeah I know I'm stupid but I love those and they are easier for me with a back prob to get into.

so what should I ask for the xj? Oh it can have a fresh paintjob too so give a chipping clearcoat price and a goodpaint price
What engine?

4.0 HO aw4 dana 35 rear 30 front w/vac. disco 3.55 gears factory limited slip rear

just a bare bones xj

the waggy will most likely have a 360v8

1600 by kbb w/my zip. trust me, i didn't mean to be a poop but many people will be weary of a vehicle with that many miles.

edit: i just read your post, btw my 88 w/140k runs better than my oo w/58k.

I just bought a 90' otherwise identical for $300. 140k miles. I found one site that asked for all the info then gave value for private sale and dealer sale. Mine was worth about 1300 private w/ all power accessories and sound package. I have since put another 600 into it and it still needs rear leafs.

hope this helps,
Ken

If I keep the xj it will next week get power seats and during the summer it will get a 97+ front clip and a new paint job. I have also started locating parts for a stroker so I dunno I'm mixed about my feelings. We have had it for around 4 years so I know its reliable and VERY well maintained.

My best friend has a body shop and WANTS to use my xj for advertising so that means a free paint job.

Last edited:
wheelchairman said:
If I keep the xj it will next week get power seats and during the summer it will get a 97+ front clip and a new paint job. I have also started locating parts for a stroker so I dunno I'm mixed about my feelings. We have had it for around 4 years so I know its reliable and VERY well maintained.

My best friend has a body shop and WANTS to use my xj for advertising so that means a free paint job.
Sounds like you just need more room? Can you change the mounting location of the seat? Move it back an inch or so and add better lumbar support and maybe heat? Would a top quality vibrating seat pad help any? A good uppolstery person can create a custom back support built right in to the seat for you to create correct support where you need it.

Ken

well we really need like a 2" spacer under the seat but then its hard to get in (im only 5'1) so the power seats will solve that problem

but heated seats would be sweet

Back