• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Longarms are ON

SourApple

NAXJA Forum User
Hey just thought that I would show off my long arms and my jeep. Nothing special but to me its the world..

Picture013.jpg

Picture010.jpg

I do still have some problems..

the axleshaft was out the otherday and now that its back in .. when i go forward or reverse for like 10 feet or until 10 mph there is some seriious clicking going on up front and im not sure what it is becauase there was no problem before.. doesn anyone have a suggestion on where to look? i crawled under there while daddy moved the jeep and i couldnt locate a thing.. thanks alot.

Ps i will redeem my driveway shots on the weelend with the real deal.

very nice choice on the long arms, you will definietly love them without a doubt both on road and offroad.

Though i will give you one piece of advice.
On those arms its sooo important to check the jam nuts every once in a while and grease the crap out of the joints. Also make sure those retainer plates on the joints arn't overly tight. You should be able to grab your long arms and move them around thats how well they should move. If you don't you will have a lot of road noise while driving.

Other than that, beat the piss out of it and you will enjoy every second.

Can't wait to see the other pictures you get, truck is looking good!! two thumbs up

Matt

thanks alot... i am at 5 inches of lift and i want more but i think this is where its going to be for a whille. anyway thanks for the advice on the longarms. i will post new pictures soon.

thanks mike

I had a "clicking noise" in the front of my Jeep when I put it in 4WD for a while. I tried and tried to figure out what the problem was. It sort of sounded like it was coming from the differential but I really could not pin point it. I ended up taking it to a shop and they said it was my front drive shaft. They wanted to rebuild it (since it was covered under warranty) I said "go ahead." They did it and it eliminated the sound. So the whole time it was the front drive shaft in need of a rebuild... Check it out, maybe that is your problem.

Back