• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody running Interco LTB...

93 XJ

NAXJA Forum User
34" 10.50" 15LT. If so how do you like them and what size lift are you running with them. I have RE 4.5" and a TeraFlex 1.5" spacer/shakle lift. I am currently running 33 12.50 Goodyear MTR and they are too wide. For those who have this tire will my lift be enough to use them

Thanks
93 XJ

93 XJ said:
34" 10.50" 15LT. If so how do you like them and what size lift are you running with them. I have RE 4.5" and a TeraFlex 1.5" spacer/shakle lift. I am currently running 33 12.50 Goodyear MTR and they are too wide. For those who have this tire will my lift be enough to use them

Thanks
93 XJ
With 7" of lift you shouldn't have trouble running them, especially since they are very narrow.

too wide with that much lift? are you kidding me?

don't run them on the road. you will kill the tread. they are a machine on the trail, but have an extremely stiff sidewall. for the price they are a kick ass trail tire. and ther are a true 34" tire so will be damn near taller than your 35" mt/r's.

i ran them with a similar set up and had no problems. they work great and really dont look all that skinny. they're one of the bewst tires around, bang for buck wise.

How bad are they on the road. I can only afford one set of tires and if they wear out easily should I look elsewhere for tires. The price of 110 per tire is very hard to pass up.

93 XJ

93 XJ said:
How bad are they on the road. I can only afford one set of tires and if they wear out easily should I look elsewhere for tires. The price of 110 per tire is very hard to pass up.

93 XJ
I dunno, $110 for a tire is pretty easy to pass up if they ride like crap and wear just as bad. I guess it all depends on how much you are willing to put up with and how much your Jeep gets driven.

The only tire I know of that is better in mud is the Bogger. LTB's are a STREET LEGAL OFFROAD TIRE...they are soft, chunky, and even noisier than boggers...they are real scary in the rain...and kinda skate around a lot...they are bias ply so they flat spot while sitting and take a while to heat up...a real mans kinda tire...they work almost as good as boggers in mud....street mileage is pretty poor...but hey they are cheap.

yeah you shouldn't expect any more than about 7-8k miles out of them on road. Next weekend my XJ becomes my toy instead of my DD and I'm putting them on it with about 6 inches of lift. If your heep is a DD, I would go with the trxxus as was already said.

cherowagon said:
they are a piece of shiznitt on the road. if it is a dd, big mistake. maybe look at the truxuss.

For the off raod performance you get, you need to expect a loss in road performace. but for me perosnally i thought they were fine. the set i was running were at abotu 50% when i got em and they rode just as smooth as the ProComp MT i replaced them with. the tread wear is not that bad and the ride was way smoother then the tsl/sx on my paps truck. like i said, bang ofr your buck, theyre hard to beat.

No my jeep is my DD and right now my work is 30miles from my house. So it sounds like I will have to pass up on the LTBs. Looking at the Trxus they are good tires. my dad has them and he likes them. I just didn't know they came in 33 10.50. Stupid me and the metric stuff. And they are only 7 dollars more at sams offroad. $117 aint bad either.

Thanks guys
93 XJ

Last edited:
I myself just got a set of 34x10.50-15 LTB's on Tuesday. So far from what I have read everyone was correct ...Noisy and lousy road manners but great off road.
I'm running a RE 4.5 with ACOS for about 5.5-6". Gonna need some flares and possibly a little more altitude.

LilRedRover said:
yeah you shouldn't expect any more than about 7-8k miles out of them on road. Next weekend my XJ becomes my toy instead of my DD and I'm putting them on it with about 6 inches of lift. If your heep is a DD, I would go with the trxxus as was already said.

I disagree.

I picked up a used set (about 75% left) and ran them on a heavier vehcile than an XJ and still got about 15K out of them before I sold them. They are still in use today a couple years later from what I know. I think 25K would be a lot more accurate number.

And the on road noise was no worse than my current bias TSL's.

Nine Mile said:
I disagree.

I picked up a used set (about 75% left) and ran them on a heavier vehcile than an XJ and still got about 15K out of them before I sold them. They are still in use today a couple years later from what I know. I think 25K would be a lot more accurate number.

And the on road noise was no worse than my current bias TSL's.

are you kidding... wow... most of the people I know who run them on the road get less than 10k, being rotated regularly... maybe our roads are made of a different material. Our asphalt is hard on tires where a lot of states use cement which isn't as bad. Not to mention living in WV we have A LOT of twists and turns that eat tires like that up pretty bad. I would imagine these tires would last longer in say the midwest.

If you take care of them 15-25K isn't out of the question. I don't know what you were doing to only get 7K out of those tires. I've seem people get more than that off a set of boggers under a superduty. They are definatly not a tire built for the street, but they'll last similar to most other bias ply tires, around 20-25 if you rotate them and check the air pressure, espically under a 3500 lb cherokee. Now an 8-9000 lb Excursion and you might be talking a different story.

I have 4.5" of lift, cut fenders and clear 34's. They are NOT a true 34.. check out the interco site, they measure out at 33.6" Like everyone says they have lousy road manners and I wouldnt want to drive them everyday, never in the rain.. check out the interco website and you can find the diameter and width you want.. check the metric's to see what they measure out to be.. Q78x15 measure out like a 35x10.5 and will most likely be my next tire..
just look around.. and 30 miles to work.. try to get a radial... you'll be way more happy...

i love mine. 34s', they handle better than my pro comp ats that i use for street driving. the radials ride better of course but i love my ltbs.at 10# they hardly deflect any at all, got some beadlocks laying on my floor so thats not a problem anymore. there fine for the road, but they wont last long. and thats too much lift for these.

Just took off 33x13.50x15 LTB's - OK on the street, (if ya run them at like 10 psi), loved them off-road, great in the mud and on the rocks, you can beat the snot out of them and they come back for more.

The only reason I took them off was to move up to 35's and of course LTB's don't come in that size so I'm trying out the 35x12.5x15 TrXus MT's.

Everyone is right about them being flat when they sit (real bad in the cold), hard to balance and nosiy on the road ................ BUT THEY RULE IN DIRT, MUD & ROCKS.

PS: PRO COMPS - SUCK only 2 ply and priced like 10 ply, my kid had a set and we renamed him Mr. Flat.

Last edited:
Back