• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm about to change the valve cover gasket.....

zerocoolok

NAXJA Forum User
I need to change the valve cover gasket and I thought that while I was at it I should change the PCV valve. I saw an earlier post about a part number for a "kit" that comes with new hoses and everything, but my jeep is a 96 and from the diagram it looks as if the kit is for an older 4.0. Can someone post the part numbers for a 96 or tell me if that kit will cover it? Thank you!!:repair:

you don't have a PCV valve. The CCV system is just tubes and it relies on manifold vacuum to work properly. While ou've got the cover off clean up the rubber grommet in the fear with some carb cleaner. Then attack the two towers inside the valve cover, I went so far as to remove mine and clean the tabs at the top. Then pull the CCV line that goes from the back of the valve cover to the manifold, I hosed that out with an entire can of carbd cleaner and an extension tube. Some real nasty stuff will come out of there. After doing all that my oil in the air filter went away.
The "upgrade" is simply hoses that were redesigned. It's a bigger grommet and bigger hose so it doesn't plug as easily. Keep the rear hose clean and the system should work properly.

Back