• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

242 T-Case Grenaded?

AKswampheep

NAXJA Forum User
Well, long story short, ive turned my daily thrapper into something respectable, 90 XJ 10" lift and 35's, well i had to get rid of my back driveshaft while it was at 4.5" because i was being stupid and wrapped my spring perches around the back axle, then once again i was being dumb, and had it floored driving in FWD and it hit 2nd and with the shift mod it shifted hard and broke the T-case? its a 242, and when in gear it grinds and the driveshaft jumps, does it in 4 low also, well i took the T-case apart and nothing looks broken no shavings, teeth, anything.. so im kinda clueless... can anyone help me out here?

Last edited:
Did you learn from your mistakes???
You are gonna want to get another tcase, an sye and a new pair of driveshafts

Im pretty sure its not the tranny because i put the rear d-shaft in before i found out that the spring perches were buggered up and it drove, but the severe axle wrap from not having perches broke the u joint.. but the front output is the only thing not working but everything inside the t-case looks mech. perfect

Any reason front wheel driveshaft wont turn but rear driveshaft is fine and will turn, with no problems, and the T-case be mech perfect looking no shavings chunks or anything? T-case chain is fine

Back