• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track Bar(Heim to Johnny Joint)

XJ_Jeeper01

NAXJA Forum User
I have the RE1600 track bar with the heim joint at the frame end. it worked fine when i was at 3.5" of lift. now it sits at about 6" and the heim looks to be almost maxed out just sitting there. my question is can i replace the heim with a johhny joint end like whats on the RE1660 track bar and run the HD bracket? im not sure if the threads would be the same or not. on the currie website they have a 2.5" JJ with 1" thread and a 2" JJ with 3/4" thread. i think the heim on the track bar is 3/4" thread, not entirely sure. this would save me some money instead of buying a whole new track bar. thanks.
-Matt

Try calling this place.

http://www.nevadaoffroadbuggy.com/contact.asp

I can get all sorts of odd ball jj's that currie doesn't sell on their website.

000_0045.jpg

This is a 2 1/2" forged jj with 1 1/4" thread.
I can get them in either left or right hand thread.
Can't get these from curries website.
I tried calling them, but they are closed for the night.
I think they have a 2" with a 3/4" left hand thread on the shelf. If not, they can probably get them.

So then get a 3/4 LH bolt or Threaded rod and weld it to a blank Johnny joint. I welded both a 3/4" and an 1 1/4" bolt to my JJ for my new upper and lower control arms and that was over 2 years ago and i have no problems so far.

Dingo

i e-mailed currie about the JJ and probably wont hear from them till tomorrow. yea i might just have to get the blank JJ and a LH bolt and do some welding. it be nice to just buy one though. thanks for the info guys.
-Matt

I've thought about rotating the heim 90 degrees and fabbing a bracket to fit it, then weld the bracket to the bottom the track bar mount. Similar in design as the RE HD track bar mount, but built to fit my heim instead, along with some misalignment bushings on each side of the heim.

I figure you won't get any binding with the heim now rotated 90 degrees, plus you'd have some lateral flex with the misalignment bushings on each side of the heim inside the bracket.

That way I can still use the my same trackbar/heim setup, and I'm only out for some material for a bracket plus a couple of misalignment washers....

Ivan said:
I've thought about rotating the heim 90 degrees and fabbing a bracket to fit it, then weld the bracket to the bottom the track bar mount. Similar in design as the RE HD track bar mount, but built to fit my heim instead, along with some misalignment bushings on each side of the heim.

I figure you won't get any binding with the heim now rotated 90 degrees, plus you'd have some lateral flex with the misalignment bushings on each side of the heim inside the bracket.

That way I can still use the my same trackbar/heim setup, and I'm only out for some material for a bracket plus a couple of misalignment washers....

like this?

http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/tbconversion.html

Ivan said:

This is exactly what I did but using the RE heavy duty bracket. It is very easy, just drill the hole out to 5/8" for the bolt and get 2 mis alignment washers and wa la.

Back