• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

From where to find springs?

Killman

NAXJA Forum User
I have tried to locate and buy springs to my -93 Cherokee, but dealers in Finland or in Poland (I am presently) do not recognise following springs:

ZJ front springs part No. 5208 8363 GN
XJ rear springs part No. 5200 2392 LT

Any information about availability and price?

Thanks in advance.

The rear spring for your 93 XJ is #(52002392) which is the H.D., Coded LT (Off Road) rear leaf spring. Acording to the online parts catalog that number has be changed to a new one. It is now #(4886186-AB) SPRING REAR LEAF at a list price of $154.00 each in the USA.

As for the ZJ front springs #(52088363) That is still the same number and they run $59.60 each in the USA.

For most part numbers you they do not have a space and somtimes do not need the letters at the end. All this info is off a good Mopar parts seller website. Known as MoparPartz.com.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=213975

Hope this helps.

Thanks 2000XJSPORT,

With the information you gave I have been able (advice retailers) to locate the springs. Price is now known, availability not yet. If it happens to be so that they are not in stock in Europe. is there any advice to whom to contact in US to get them shipped to me ASAP, net-retailers?

If the option is to make lift (original springs too expensive, not available ) it means that I must change competition class and that is what I don't want just now.

Killman said:
Thanks 2000XJSPORT,

With the information you gave I have been able (advice retailers) to locate the springs. Price is now known, availability not yet. If it happens to be so that they are not in stock in Europe. is there any advice to whom to contact in US to get them shipped to me ASAP, net-retailers?

If the option is to make lift (original springs too expensive, not available ) it means that I must change competition class and that is what I don't want just now.
OK... is the rule saying that you have to use ORIGINAL springs or is the rule that you have to keep ORIGINAL height? You can get custom packs made to any height.

For online vendors try www.quadratec.com

Kejtar,

Official measurement is from top of front axel tube to under side of frame is 20 cm +/-13mm and top of rear axle tube to frame above 18cm +/-13mm. This is from FSM and is respected by competition inspection body.
With these springs I'm after, I should (hopefully) get close to FSM measurements provided that I have winch and heavy bumper in front.

For further adjustments I can use spacers to obtain maximum allowed lift (max measurements).

I know this is complicated and not-so-easy to achieve, but I want my rig to be competitive in class I have been competing till now.
However, I have done some good results in Poland in Extreme class with absolutelly original Cherokee!

Killman said:
Kejtar,

Official measurement is from top of front axel tube to under side of frame is 20 cm +/-13mm and top of rear axle tube to frame above 18cm +/-13mm. This is from FSM and is respected by competition inspection body.
With these springs I'm after, I should (hopefully) get close to FSM measurements provided that I have winch and heavy bumper in front.

For further adjustments I can use spacers to obtain maximum allowed lift (max measurements).

I know this is complicated and not-so-easy to achieve, but I want my rig to be competitive in class I have been competing till now.
However, I have done some good results in Poland in Extreme class with absolutelly original Cherokee!

By any chance have you posted @ rajdy4x4 a while back asking about the springs? I think I remember seeing someone from Finland asking about springs.

Yes, I did ask in jeep.org.pl/forum, not Rajdy, and you did reply. However there has been some progress in my problem since (part no's and such). I will repply on that site when I have solved the problem.

Killman said:
Yes, I did ask in jeep.org.pl/forum, not Rajdy, and you did reply. However there has been some progress in my problem since (part no's and such). I will repply on that site when I have solved the problem.
Cool, I was just curious as I thought your name looked familiar.

Killman said:
Thanks 2000XJSPORT,

I wish I could help more, but I am not sure on shipping out of USA. I have used MoparPartz.com for some time now. You could ask them about outside USA shipping. Vey nice people. Also it might cost a lot. I found a discontinued part in England for my XJ and it cost so much to ship that I turned it down. Hopefully the place you checked can get them.
Alex

No hits from Europe sofar.

I have been thinking, springs to various cars are coming from few manufacturers. Therefore there must be manufacturing specifications to coil and leaf springs. Has anyone contacts to manufacturers or specs of OEM part number such as

spring rate lbs/in or kg/mm
free height of coil
For leaf springs e.g. spring rate and arc free height.

With this info it may be possible get them manufactured or find from other cars.

Back