• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Noisy Adjustable LCAs

g0dz1ll4

NAXJA Forum User
Hello, I'm getting ready to call Rusty's, but I thought I'd post and see if anyone has any ideas about how I might get my LCAs to quit making so much racket. I believe I've narrowed down the noise in my front end (a noticable knock whenever I encounter any type of bump) to the threads on my Rusty's control arms. I've torqued both UCAs and LCAs to the recommended torque, for the record - but I'm pretty sure that the tolerances between the upper and lower portions of said control arms are allowing enough movement that the noise coming from them makes it sound as though something is really loose. Has anyone come across a way to put an end to this problem? If the arms had a nut that I could tighten against the lower portoin (on the threaded rod), I think this would work, but I'm guessing that it might also limit articulation or loosen up within the first few miles of use.

Not sure if this makes sense, but I figured I'd check here to see if anyone has any ideas / fixes.

they might have a nut for them to tighten them. I don't know Rusty's Cra... er stuff.

What track bar are you running? My rig does the same thing, but it's not the CA's its the track bar... RE has a differnt size bottom mount hole than the stock bolt, makes a heck of a racket...

=$0.02

muduck18 said:
they might have a nut for them to tighten them. I don't know Rusty's Cra... er stuff.

What track bar are you running? My rig does the same thing, but it's not the CA's its the track bar... RE has a differnt size bottom mount hole than the stock bolt, makes a heck of a racket...

=$0.02

I've got a Rusty's track bar too, while I was told by the guy at the local 4x4 shop that he'd be afraid that he'd snap it cause it's kinda spindly (oh well, now I know better) - I"m fairly certain that this is not the source of the noise. I've been crawling around under the thing for days and haven't found anything until now. Now if I can just get a fix worked out.

I guess that's why the JKS CAs were so much more...

Good news, Rusty's sells jam nuts for their CAs - they just sell them separately since not everyone wants them. Just thought I'd mention it incase anyone else has this issue and hates having their Jeep sound like the front end is going to fall off.

yea he's got jam nuts. loosen them when you hit the trails and your rig will flex a bit better and not put as much stress on teh unibody mounts

skyjackedxj96 said:
yea he's got jam nuts. loosen them when you hit the trails and your rig will flex a bit better and not put as much stress on teh unibody mounts

Excellent idea - it's sounding like a small price to pay to get rid of the racket.

yes your not the first one to complain about his or anyone elses adjustable CA's with no retaining nut. i personally dont run them bc i know what the sound is coming from. and i dont want to stress my crossmember. turn up the volume a notch

Back