• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's 4.5" leaf springs do you like?

BOOTLEGGER

NAXJA Forum User
I know, I know do a search, well I did a search and came up without the answer to this question.

As the title says, who's 4.5 inch lift leaf springs do you like & why & how long have you been running them?
Thanks, Daniel

just put some 4.5" rustys on my wifes xj. Seems like closer to 5.5" to me though...seems to be working great but only two wheeling trips on them.

I have had 4.5" Hellcreeksuspension spring packs on since thanksgiving. They give over 5". But, It comes at a price - namely ride quality. They jump over the littlest bumps on the road. They flex pretty good for having the rear sway bar on. I have not gone extreme wheeling so I cannot vouch for full capability. But they are lifetime warrantied. Left a heavy trailer on them over 2 days and now ride is better. Very springy overall. Sorry if its not much help. :(

i've got rustys and i like them i have no other full spring replacement pack to compare them to though. they flex and ride good, but are a bit on the soft side. whenever i get around to putting in my shims i'll add in a leaf from my stock pack.

Thanks, anybody else?

I'm considering either Rusty's or RE then after my preliminary research I wonder if I should be looking at 3.5 or 4" spring pack + shackles.

Currently I have 3" spring pack from Superlift + 1.5" lift shackle (but not getting 4.5"), any help would be appreciated. I'm looking for 4.5 to 5" of lift with good flex characteristics.

On a side note I have shaved my rear shock mounts and now have very little up travel due to the bump stops being lengthened to keep the shocks from bottoming out on compression. also keeps the tires from wanting to come into the cabin here's a pic of it stuffing http://www.jonfund.com/albums/album96/Stone_Gardens_November_13_2005_025.jpg
Thanks, Daniel

rock krawler makes good springs... rubicon express also makes great stuff... I think RK springs give just about exactly what they say and RE normally gives .5 or 1 inch over what they are rated.

dj's 2000 xj said:
I have had 4.5" Hellcreeksuspension spring packs on since thanksgiving. They give over 5". But, It comes at a price - namely ride quality. They jump over the littlest bumps on the road. They flex pretty good for having the rear sway bar on. I have not gone extreme wheeling so I cannot vouch for full capability. But they are lifetime warrantied. Left a heavy trailer on them over 2 days and now ride is better. Very springy overall. Sorry if its not much help. :(
That sounds exactly like what I would say about the RK springs. The ride is very bumpy when not loaded down. I had 5 cases of 24 bottled beers and 4 people in the car with me this weekend and it rode so much better than when I drive it alone, which is 99.999999% of the time. I have heard some sag prematurely though.

I've got the RE 4.5" packs and I love the ride and they flex alright, but after only a couple of wheelin trips and a little go fast riverbottom stuff, my passenger side leaf pack is sagging at least 1.5" (common from what I've read). I am ditching them and getting the Currie/Deaver Jeepspeed packs and adding an anti-wrap bar.

Just my experience.

Dave

I've been running Superlift 5.5's for a couple of years now & like the flex & ride but they seemed to be a little short right from the start, sooo I threw in an add-a-leaf from the budget RK lift I first installed, --Works good:viking:

xjj33p3r said:
Big offroad 4.5" leafs. Badass by all means.

I will vouch for this. You can carry all the weight you want and not sag past the advertised lift. The flex better with more lift. I absolutly love mine! I believe with spings and everything else, you get what you pay for.

http://www.bigoffroad.com/

Back