• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE suspension and LP Dana 44

Cornfed-87XJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I am just starting my project and I am proablably going to use the RE 5.5" Long Arm suspension. I have a factory Dana 44 rear and I am looking at building a waggy front axle. I plan on running 35" tires, 4.88 gears, and lockers F & R. My question is: Will the front LP Dana 44 front axle cause the front driveshaft to impact the crossmember at full droop? Since the suspension is designed for a HP front axle are there any problems?

On a side note, is anyone on this site running the dual T-case set-up (231/300)? I am trying to get more info on it since I am looking for a better crawl ratio (> 100:1). I emailed mudrooster but haven't heard anything yet.

I'm running a stock 231 and a low pinion D44 on the short fixed arm 5.5" RE kit without issue on my MJ which is the same forward of the T case except for the reinforced LCA mounts so you should be OK.

I ran the RE 5.5" drop bracket and fixed arms with my waggy 44 front end.....I now run TNT long arms and the same front end. Clearance isn't an issue with either option.

slowrider said:
I'm running a stock 231 and a low pinion D44 on the short fixed arm 5.5" RE kit without issue on my MJ which is the same forward of the T case except for the reinforced LCA mounts so you should be OK.

Same here. I'm not running the D44 front anymore, but I had a Waggy 44 front for a while at one time. No clearance issues with the stock crossmember.

Back