• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

part # for Xj D44 speedy outer sleeve seals (NAPA)

"speedy" outer seals??

is that any different than a standard outer seal??

JLane99XJ said:
"speedy" outer seals??

is that any different than a standard outer seal??
Its not a seal,its a new seal surface for the axleshaft itself!

you talkin the bearing retainer plate? if so they are like $2 at the dealership.

RCP Phx said:
Its not a seal,its a new seal surface for the axleshaft itself!
fel-16202_s.jpg

When the seal wears a groove into the axle shaft it starts to leak. Putting in a new seal doesn't help as the shaft is worn.

So you buy a speedy sleeve kit which comes with a special seal and a sleeve that slides over the worn portion of the axle giving a new sealing surface. Viola! No more leak!

VegasAnthony said:
but do you still have to press off & on the bearing to put the new seal on??
YES

IF I still worked for NAPA I would have the part numbers for you. BUT, since the owner is an alcoholic (his wife too) I no longer work there....

To make getting the Speedy sleeve easier to get on, heat in an oven for about 10-15 minutes, then slide it on the axle. Heating it will make it expand and should help it slide right on.....

cLAYH said:
When the seal wears a groove into the axle shaft it starts to leak. Putting in a new seal doesn't help as the shaft is worn.

So you buy a speedy sleeve kit which comes with a special seal and a sleeve that slides over the worn portion of the axle giving a new sealing surface. Viola! No more leak!

OMG I JUST BOUGHT NEW SHAFTS B/C OF THIS :smsoap: damn...if i could get this for a waggy 44 i would have 3 sets of axle shafts :firedevil

Back