• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

uneven lift

xjordie

NAXJA Forum User
I just put a 4.5 rustys suspension spring lift on my 99 xj xherokee. It look pretty good but if you look closley and then measure one side is about an inch higher then the other. I thought i pu everything on right and i cant think of anything but it braking in to levle out. Any commets would be usefull on what i should do
thanks

If its the rear, loosen up the bolts at the leafs a bit, jump up and down on it a while, drive around the block, and tighten them back up. Sometimes they will bind up if tightened too much before everything has a chance to seat.

If its in the rear i would loosen everything like said above and allow things to settle a bit before tightening things. I am not sure if i would drive it loose tho.

if its the front make sure the spacer and or springs are seated correctly.

pete

X2 on the leafs in the rear. When I did my lift my shackle bolts were to tight. loosened them up and retourqed them all was good.

Back