• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

thinking about this steering setup....

mack

NAXJA Forum User
i'm looking at this setup and the x-factor from RK, can anyone give an opinion on THIS setup, they said it won't bind, and i won't have to move the tracbar, i just don't know how hiems hold up to everyday driving.
so.....opinions please.
oh yeah...this setup is $299 vs $399 for the RK.
thanks.
DSC02516.jpg

looks fine to me... the only things I see that could cause a problem is possibly with backspacing on the wheels... With both the draglink and tierod going to one knuckle, but most of us run enough wheels that would allow this set up anyways... go for it and write a review for the rest of us

You most definitely need to move your trackbar to not get bumpsteer, they're lying...kinda. You technically don't need to move it, because it will still work....just very crappy. Also, if you have a bit of lift/flex, that heim joint at the knuckle will for sure max out with a straight draglink. Might want to watch out for that.

gearwhine said:
You most definitely need to move your trackbar to not get bumpsteer, they're lying...kinda. You technically don't need to move it, because it will still work....just very crappy. Also, if you have a bit of lift/flex, that heim joint at the knuckle will for sure max out with a straight draglink. Might want to watch out for that.

I disagree b/c you will have two heim joints rolling in two different directions, it would be tough to max them out... I dont know about the bumpsteer, could be a possibility... I would think if you're going this far it's a fairly trail only rig, so that would be as big an issue.

I have the X-Factor... but this one looks like it has a bend to clear the swaybar also. It also has a misalignment shim under the heim. That should prevent binding) It looks pretty nice.

299 isn't bad.....you can get the x-factor for less than 399 if you call around.(I did)

well, it looks like this is the steup i'm going with, i looked at the RK setup too, but i'm going to give this a try, plus the guy is awsome to deal with and seems to know his stuff.

Awesome! Let us know how it works.

who makes that setup mack. local? does it make you relocate tracbar and sway barlinks?

being under the knuckle, and the bends, you don't have to move anything, i'll get the site for you in a bit.
skyjackedxj96 said:
who makes that setup mack. local? does it make you relocate tracbar and sway barlinks?

I really wish I would have come across that before I bought mine... a lot cheaper and looks comparable in strength

what did you go with?
LilRedRover said:
I really wish I would have come across that before I bought mine... a lot cheaper and looks comparable in strength

ORO... I tried Rustys. but It didn't feel right... offroad only was the way to go... it was about 600

$600, wow, do you have a link?
LilRedRover said:
ORO... I tried Rustys. but It didn't feel right... offroad only was the way to go... it was about 600

lemme try and dig one up... here yah go... From what I read before I got it, XJs and TJs aren't any different so I ordered their system even though it's made for TJs... went on without incident and has been working great... link http://www.offroadonly.com/products/new/u-turn/... I did however have to do some "minor" mods

Last edited:
The ends being non greasable- do you think it can stand up to daily driving?

wheres teh best place to buy a reamer

I just installed the ORO as well.... expensive... yup.... but I don't regret it at all.... I run it without a SS and it feels great.... and damn beefy too....

96mdxjcountry said:
I just installed the ORO as well.... expensive... yup.... but I don't regret it at all.... I run it without a SS and it feels great.... and damn beefy too....

did you buy yours recently... have they made one especially for XJs yet or did you have to modify as well?

Back