• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear dome light

Farmer Dean

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 96 and the rear dome (cargo) light is not working. It's got power and a good bulb. I've never seen it work and don't even know how to switch it on. There's a black, what appears to be, slider switch that I can't get to move one way or another. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Or how to fix it? Thanks, Dean.

The switch, I believe, is a push-button type. Mine stopped working, there is a type of switch that always turns the light off when the hatch is closed, its part of the hatch's locking mechanism. The push button enables the lights (both) to be left on or turned off when the hatch is open. I bypassed (jumpered) the hatch switch, underneath that plastic panel. Now, the lights can be switched on and off by pushing the button (even if doors are closed) or as usual by turning the headlight switch knob.

Back