• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

got my taxes ... custom4x4fabrication rear bumper

gabe4

NAXJA Forum User
It looks like this is what I'm going to get but before I do has anybody had bad experience with this install, I've got a tokem gas tank skid plate is that going to be a issue?

I'm running both the C4x4 rear bumper with spare carrier and a Tomken gas tank skid.

You won't have an issues as the bumper mounts vertically to the rear cross member while the gas tank skid mounts horizontally.

Another way to look at it is the bumper mounts in the existing location of the stock bumper.

Hope this helps,
Kent :)

how about a hitch does the bumper ues the nutsert strip that's used for the hitch

I run a C4x4 rear bumper, Tomken gas tank skid, and a hidden hitch. They all work perfect together. The hidden hitch fits just under the bumper, and doesn't rub.

scw5li.jpg

X2 on Matt's comments. I'm also running a Hiddent Hitch without any problems.

Kent :)

Good this is looking like a good deal then, any install tips?

The only issue I've had is having to drop the Hidden Hitch to gain access to the rear bolts of the gas tank skid.

All three components will work with each other though :).

Kent

Pretty simple install. Are you ordering the tire carrier as well? IIRC the tire carrier comes with extra braces, and you will need the stock nutstrips to install those.

Doesn't anyone make anything for themselves anymore?
Spend your money on a welder, grinder, and some plate.
You'll thank yourself later....

Okie Terry said:
I thought about this actually in fact when I had access to these items I built my front bumper and my rock gaurds, but now I don't have access or time to do it. And the price for this bumper is pretty cost effective.

Matt98XJ said:
Pretty simple install. Are you ordering the tire carrier as well? IIRC the tire carrier comes with extra braces, and you will need the stock nutstrips to install those.
Yes however not right now, I have the nutstrip but the stock hitch is uesing it as well, will that be a issue I see everyone who has replied has a hidden hitch not the stock one

Okie Terry said:

I'm allergic to work. I break out in a rash.

Back