• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rims . . . .

Which rims to make a matching set out of?

• American Eagle 15x7, 4.75 Backspacing(31-32" tires)

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • American Eagle 15x8, 3.75 Backspacing(31-32" tires)

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters

ZomBrady

Chubby Chaser Extraordinaire
NAXJA Member
Ok, here's the deal. Two rims of each kind, both are Baja style, one set 15X7, 4.75BS Eagle Alloy, the other 15X8, 3.75BS American Racing. Both sets are brand new, one never have been mounted, the other mounted once and then dismounted.

I want to mount 31-32" tires on a matching set, but I can't make up my mind as to which rims to make the complete set out of. Prices are the same for the rims, the only thing I have to consider is the width and backspacing. . . Blah. Plus, sell the other two rims and use that to off set the cost of the two new rims that I'll have to get.

Got any opinions that you'd like to share?

Last edited:
Go with the 15 X 8's so you can run 31-32's now and then if you ever want to step up to 33's you can with the same wheel. Also that 15 X 7's backspacing is too much. It'll rub real good. I run 15 X 8's with 31's with 3.75 backspacing and get no control arm rub, even in a hard turn.

What does the manufacturer of the tires you are using recommend for the size of tires you have? They don't all recommend the same thing.

what width tire? with a 10.5 wide tire id buy the 7's
with a 12.5 tire - go 8's

XJ_ranger said:
what width tire? with a 10.5 wide tire id buy the 7's
with a 12.5 tire - go 8's
X2

Kyung

Back