• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

besides junkyard, best place to get Ford 8.8

cterlizzi

NAXJA Forum User
I see that ok4wd.com has kits for TJs and YJs, but I don't see anyone out there selling a complete 8.8 with the XJ mounting hardware or the XJ mounting hardware by itself (then the junkyard becomes a very viable option).

Checked Jp and Petersen's mags for ads and did a Google search... Also checked the forums, and, unless I completely missed it, I haven't seen this question answered.

for the axle itself...

www.car-parts.com

or even ebay...

You really don't NEED a "kit"...

leaf spring perches and a flange adaptor (or aftermarket yoke)...

are all you basically need...

oh...

and a welder and an angle grinder

:D

p.s. try the NAXJA classifieds too

under your passed out buddies exploder - score your 8.8 for the price of a 24 pack of beer!

cterlizzi said:
I see that ok4wd.com has kits for TJs and YJs...

They will set up an axle for pretty much anything, they are fairly local to me so i stopped in just for kicks to see what they wanted for an 8.8 set up for an XJ, w/ the factory LSD and gears of your choice it will run you right around $2200. Personally, i wouldnt do it, but im just throwing it out there.

Gil BullyKatz said:
leaf spring perches and a flange adaptor (or aftermarket yoke)...

are all you basically need...

oh...

and a welder and an angle grinder

:D

p.s. try the NAXJA classifieds too

Got the angle grinder and can borrow the welder (with buddy who is good at it)... any DIY instructions out there on the net?

JoeShmo said:
They will set up an axle for pretty much anything, they are fairly local to me so i stopped in just for kicks to see what they wanted for an 8.8 set up for an XJ, w/ the factory LSD and gears of your choice it will run you right around $2200. Personally, i wouldnt do it, but im just throwing it out there.

Ouch!! $2200... Hmm... It looks like a decent axle is about $800... throw in, what, maybe $100-$200 for the parts and some sweat equity and save $1000-$1200... that sounds like a winner to me... now, if only the welding buddy will go for the gig...

cterlizzi said:
Got the angle grinder and can borrow the welder (with buddy who is good at it)... any DIY instructions out there on the net?

tons here:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/search.php

Seriously...

There's a ton of threads with links, pics, part #, etc...

try to limit your search to the modified tech forum...

Back