• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T-Max Winches

Jeepdogrob

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to hear some opinions on the T-Max winches. How good are they in comparison to a Warn or Ramsey? Does anyone know if they ARE made in China? I saw something that said "Developed FOR and tested in the outback" but not where they are made.

Thanks
Rob

Jeepdogrob said:
I would like to hear some opinions on the T-Max winches. How good are they in comparison to a Warn or Ramsey? Does anyone know if they ARE made in China? I saw something that said "Developed FOR and tested in the outback" but not where they are made.

Thanks
Rob

IIRC the T-Max winch is mad in the outback,being Australia. Over there, T-Max is to winches like ARB is to bumpers.

-Mike

Made in China.

I was looking at them at a recent trade show and the boxes and brochures now clearly state made in China.

I believe they are actually made by China Winch, which makes several different private label winches for various labels here and abroad.

Mike L said:
IIRC the T-Max winch is mad in the outback,being Australia. Over there, T-Max is to winches like ARB is to bumpers.

-Mike

Umm, no. As John said, they're Chinese. I know folks who run them without problems, but they've also only had them for less than a year. They give me a blank look when I ask them where they can buy parts should anything ever break...

This was taken from their web-site. I think the key words may be "Tested" and "Engineered".

"The T-Max line is engineered and mercilessly tested in Australia where their agency called the NATA is charged with making sure that only the best quality products from T-Max are distributed."

Although, the site also said that they moved to Indiana. Probably get repairs/spare parts a little easier than if they were in China.

One of the Australian message forums suggests that if you buy one you replace the grease, replace the solenoids and re-solder the contacts in the solenoid box. Once that's done you should be good to go.

Back