• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tie Rod End Dust/Grease Boots

gregmondro

NAXJA Forum User
Okay guys, i'm needing to replace the grease boots on my tie rod ends.

I've looked around at a few places and found some by Energy Suspension, but all the places I find on the net want to tack on $10 shipping on a $3 dollar item, no thanks.

The Energy Suspension part # is 355-9-13103G.

I'm trying to find something similar (or the correct size for the XJ, i'm pretty sure even though the Currie HD Steering is on the rig, that the boot sizes are the same) but locally (Napa auto stores, etc).

anyone had to replace these before? what'd you go with? also, do you have a part #?

i'll also be needing to replace the one between the draglink and the pitman arm, so if you have the part # for that one that'd rock :)

I usually get polyurethane ones locally (I think they're Energy Suspension) without too much trouble - or just take the part number into your local and see what they can do.

The poly ones seem to hold up rather better than the rubber ones - I'll replace them every four or five years as a matter of course, since I'm usually down there doing an inspection anyhow...

5-90

what store do you usually goto to get these? I searched NAPA for them but they had some offbrand and I don't know the size I need :)

i'll try searcing for the Energy Suspension part # on tha NAPA site (355-9-13103G)

It's a local - All Parts.

I keep telling people to try mom-and-pops whenever they can - you'll usually get better service, and greater variety. Besides, they tend to have better people behind the counter.

I don't even bother with the major chains much anymore - I just go to them for fluids and such. They can't screw those up...

5-90

Back