• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suspension Question

Lincoln

NAXJA Member #321
NAXJA Member
I would like to fab up new links for the rear, but that is going to take more time than I want to use right now. So I'm contemplating doing something with the front. Maybe radius arms.

My question is why couldn't I use a mount similar to a factory Ford style bushing on the frame mount instead of a JJ or heim? The side clearance wouldn't be needed for the bolt and the mounts could be angled down so at static height the arms would be 90 degrees to the mount.

It seems there would be enough travel in the bushing with arms 34"-36" in length.

Somebody set me back in line.

Thanks,
Lincoln

I thought about this before I built mine.My biggest concern was the amout of space consumed by the extra length needed past the center of the pivot point.

I was looking at a set of arms that I have and they only extend past the mount about 2".

The bushing are only 2.5" in diameter too. That's the width of the small JJ I have and I think the larger 3" (?) would be needed.

Thanks,
Lincoln

Back