• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

weld trac bar mount to frame?

I did it about a little over a year ago to my DD (RE HD bracket). It eliminated the excessive play that couldn't be cured by however tight i made those 2 bolts that sit vertical (hole had wallowed out quickly after installing my lift). But it might not last 5 years...

Another option would be to weld the bolts themselves so they can't loosen. Less intrusive to the sheet metal.

A good idea would be to install all the links at ride height and don't have any binding going on. I think that if you need a come-along to get the trackbar lined up, or if you install it with the suspension dropped to the floor, then a few weeks of street-time is going to pull/push the bracket loose again.

I welded along the top, front side, and both bottom sides. I couldn't get the rear side on the top because I didn't feel like pulling my coil spring out to get to it.

Back