• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Krawler- Removing axle bushing?

AKswampheep

NAXJA Forum User
OK im installing my rock krawler long arm right now and i cant get the upper control arm bushing out of the axle, ive been tryin and tryin and im getting nowhere.. any help here?

do you have a sawsall? Punch the inner metal sleeve out with a drift and cut thru the shell of the bushing into two pieces. Careful not to cut too much into the mount. Seriously, there is no easy way to get a three arm puller on it and I struggled for hours before grabbing the sawsall (thanks jes!)SeanP

Miller SPX makes a tool specifically for these bushings. Its kinda sad to say, but it only takes about 2-3 minutes to press in and press out each bushing.

--Matt

I use an air hammer with a flat headed bit. I can change them out in a few minutes, I use the airhammer to push in the new one also. I only run a drivers upper so I have to change them pretty often.

just what hacked said

get a good air hammer and they just buzz right out in about 10 seconds

when i did my kit i didn't have access to an air hammer and man did it blow, i used a hammer and it took forever. Now when i install kits at the shop its just buzzz and its out its awesome.

But if no air hammer, you gotta get something so you can either pount on the metal lip on the outside or the metal sleeve on the inside, hitting the bushing won't get you really anywhere.

Matt

I finally got it out a couple hours after posting this, what i did was finally cut the right side all the way through the bushing and the pin and then torched it forever and melted all the rubber out, pulled the pin, and the remaining sleeve portion came out with very little hassle compared to how hard it was before. Thanks for all the tips

Back