• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1988 XJ AW4 Tranny Computer Question

88WoodXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to verify I have the most up to date flashed TCM and the dealer told me it does not have a TCM that the transmission (AW4) is controlled by the ECM my model year??? I was quoted 331.62 for part number JR007842 and told that was all they could do for me. I have read on several other posts that there is an issue with older TCMs with Bump Shift and the use of newer transmission fluids and as I have a new transmission being put in (got 230000 miles out of the last one, god rest its soul), I want to make sure all is well for my new Mopar Transmisison. I basically want to know if the dealer is blowing smoke and trying to sell me a new ECM or if this is right and if anyone has found it to work to resolve issues out their Jeep...

Hey,

Get a TCU from the junkyard costs like $25 maybe less. Never heard of "Bump Shift"? Sounds like they're trying to snow u.

Thx, Phil

Back