• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What would you do?

96XJCLASSIC

NAXJA Forum User
I am having trouble with a RE parts dealer. I ordered a RE 3.5" lift on June 30 (33 days ago and counting) and paid for it the same day. And i have still not received it. I have received nothing but the run around from the dealer. I have send numerous emails with only one reply and talked to the dealer 3 times on the phone. Each time i talked to the dealer he said that my lift will be in the mail the next day. The first of these "promises or lies" was on July 2nd and the last one on July 16th or 17th.
I understand that RE is not always the fastest shipper and I also understand delays in packing and shipping, but I feel like I am being taken advantage of and being ripped off by the dealer.
If this was you what would you do?? I am very pissed right now. Thanks, NICK

Call RE and explain (very calmly) your situation. Even though you didn't order directly from them, what is happening is shinign a bad light on them as the dealer/distributor is their rep. In any case, if you give your info to RE they should be able to look you up as even though I ordered my stuff through a dealer when I called RE to talk to them about upgrading my stuff's shipping to next day, they were able to look up my order. Now on the other hand, if they can't find you in the system... well, there lies the asnwer to a part of your problem... the order never made it to RE....

Kejtar

I agree with the two above posts and would go that route.

Either way, get your money back.

And order the new product somewhere else.

Michael

Did you pay by credit card? If so, call AND write to the credit card company and have the chanrge cancelled.

AFAIK it is illegal to charge a credit card for merchandise that has not been shipped. Doesn't matter who ships it. Your dealer is the "vendor," and he is the seller who mucy comply with the law. The fact that the merchandise is coming from RE just means it is a "drop shipment" -- in the eyes of the law, the dealer is still considered responsible for conforming shipment before charging your account.

sounds like some good advice.. i chose to buy everything i can direct even if it is a few $$ more.. i consider it piece of mind for me..
mike

Who was the dealer and salesperson? I am looking to buy an RE lift in the next couple o weeks also.

Just please don't say it was Dirk at DPG, he is the man I was calling....

It was Crawltech.com. Still no real info. I called yesterday and he pretty much sounded like he forgot about my lift. One helluva way to run a business. He called RE and said they will try to get it out as soon as possible. Not to happy, NICK

I got the same thing when I ordered my RE lift through 4 wheel parts it took them 2 months to get it to me. I just figured that was how long 4 wheel parts took for everything. Some of my other stuff took 3 weeks. I have some other stuff to buy for my XJ. Are there any other places that have better service and faster delivery?

DeadEyeJ said:
Who was the dealer and salesperson? I am looking to buy an RE lift in the next couple o weeks also.

I ordered from DPG and I had some trouble with shipping ( a 2 day delay ) but it was on RE end (they were short on people or something). I had worked with Dirk at DPG and he helped me out with bumping the shipping up to a next day (I had to have it next day... long story). So I'd say go through Dirk.

Definatly try and get your money back!!!!!

I just ordered my RE4.5 lift from Jeepin.com. Paid for it on 7/26, and it was shipped on the 28th. Right now it's enroute...Jeepin.com gave me tracking numbers for it.

I would definalty call and try to cancell the order!!

DeadEyeJ said:

I have never dealt with Dirk, from what I hear he is an excellent source of RE parts. Just to add an alternative, try contacting Jason, at Jeepin.COM, an excellent guy, good prices and very personal service.

My 2 Eurcents of contribution

you can also try mark and frank and 4wd and performance 908 624 1119. They are good friends of mine.. very knowledgable, offer great personalized service and will always give you the truth from the get go.. whether you'll like it or not.

Back