• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough idle

96cherokee40

NAXJA Forum User
Rough idle (I know, its been heard lots before)

Hey all. How many of you suffer from rough idle. Feels like it stumbles a little, but doesn't do it all of the time, tach never jumps around, just kinda feels like its missing. It is OBDII, and I have confirmed fuel pressure of 49 PSI. The plugs look brand new, so do the cap and wires (have only had Jeep for a few months). TPS looks pretty darn clean, but I may need to take it all apart and clean it anyway, is this typical? I was thinking clogged or malfunctioning injector so I may remove all of them and have them checked, but this Jeep also came from NY and is in NM now. Does anyone have any experience with a high altitude CPS?

Last edited:
Sorry, only one question per post.

I'll answer the last one.....Yes. :D

===

PS: Search the screen for the word "Search."(hint: look up) Type in "rough idle" and press <ENTER>. There are currently over 300 posts about this. You will find that there's no majic cure. There are dozens of reasons for a rough idle, and just as many fixes. Good hunting! :thumbup:

Back