• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

90 XJ using Ford fuel injectors.

MOOSE16285

NAXJA Forum User
I did a search and was looking to get more specific details on swapping to ford fuel injectors. Can anyone give me details on Jeep and Ford fuel injectors. If anyone here is using Ford injectors, tel me how well they work. And also what in particular am I looking for when purchasing new injectors?

I would suggest going to five 0 motor sports, I just put the purple injectors on my 98, so far so good.

Unless you're runnng a stroker engine the yellow top 19# pound injectors are probably the ones you want, assuming using a 4.0 six.

I've done this, 5.0 has great service, the injectors gave better driveability, smoother idle, and were easy to install. Use new O rings - Jeep rings are hard brown, probably for heat resistance, compared to the Ford squishy green rings.

The reason for the yellow #19 pound injectors is they are compatible with the electrical connectors and flow rate for the Renix injection.

It's pretty much based on the connectors you have, mine's a 98, no idea what connectors you have. Sombody posted another site that was about $30 cheaper but only carried up to I think 95....

Back