• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which gears?

atreyuBLUEXJ

NAXJA Forum User
so ive decided to regear to 4.56 and im looking for opinions on which brand to buy. my local shop recommends yukon and the guy i buy form says superior. ive heard of richmond floating around, what do you guys think?

Do not buy Genuine's!!!!! I made the mistake of putting 4.56 Genuine's in my Jeep and they were loud when they were brand new and now with only 4000 miles on them the rears are trashed. I have been told by many that yukons are good and that is what i will be replacing the Genuine's with.

Now see...I've had genuine's in 2 different jeeps with no issues...4.56 in one and 4.88 in another (getting ready to use 4.88's again).

I think if you stick with pretty much any of the big 'names' like yukon, genuine, etc you'll be fine.

Depending what axles you have, Rusty's has good prices on gear kits. I got my 4.56's for my D30/8.25 for $400 from them plus shipping. The gears are superiors and came with a very complete master install kit.

zthang43, did you need to buy anything else outside of the kit to do the install, ie carrier, shims that kinda stuff?

Back