• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quicker disco adjustments...

JeepXJ93

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 94 xj w/ a 3" lift. Jks quicker disco's...set them up a few months ago, no problems reconnecting, wheeled a few times, now all of a sudden i cant reconnect one side w/out jumping on the hood and rocking it back and forth. So i bring it in the garage thinking i'm not on level ground or something stupid like that, but i still couldnt get it, so i made one side longer until it lined up w/ the pin and put it on. Thats my question, should i have to make one side longer than the other or is something else off? The bracket isnt bent, and i never do any hardcore wheeling so i doubt it would be anything bent anyways. Any ideas much appreciated.

P.S, when i was connected and i drive over a descent sized bump, i get a hard knocking noise from up front, any ideas on what that may be? I already went through bushings and stuff like that but i cant find a problem yet. Thanks

if the swaybar angle is ok, i see no problem with different lengths, im about 3 turns off on one side myself

as far as the klunk, i can think of about 40 things. were you turning at the time??

i hear it in turns and when going straight. As long as its the right kind of bump, more like a driveway w/ a lip, for example, i was turning into a parking lot when i first noticed it, the parking lot was about an inch higher than the road and when i hit it i heard it, but if i'm going down the road and hit a small pothole, i dont hear anything.

i guess check the trackbar axle mount to see if you have ovaled the hole, thats common but more often only when turning... worth a shot

it could also be something with your discos, check all the bolts

where in CT are you located?

Yea i have to get under there this weekend and give everything a look over. I'm in Milford. Where abouts are you?

Yup thats over by the center of town, we have some local trails down by the RR tracks about 5 minutes from there, nothing major but enough to need at least a 3" lift or skid plates. Send me a PM if ur ever down this way.

the jks discos on my 95 had to be different lengths from the start. the drivers side is shorter that the pass side. I had them set to the same length when I tried to install them, then figures out that the drivers side mount is highter than the pass side. if your swaybar angle is about 15 degreesa, I wouldn't worry about it. is it possible that your swaybar is bent, or one or more of the swaybar bushings is bad?

yea i'm thinking bushing, and that is also where the knock i'm hearing might be coming from. I'll check it all this weekend and hopefully it will be solved.

Do you have an aftermarket bumper or front tow hooks? If you do there is a bolt head that maybe sticking out a bit from the last hole near the swaybar. I had this problem with my QD's and had to adjust the lengths a little shorter to make sure the swaybar didn't hit the bolt head when driving around. Good luck find your gremlin.

Front tow hooks i just installed and now that i think about it, thats when i started hearing it....i'll check that first. Thanks for the thought!

Back