• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

roof rack done!!but wait...

cassio

NAXJA Forum User
ok not to tease ya but my roof rack i built is done!
no pictures yet but..
its a 50"x60"x4"
made of 1/2" solid square steel and some angle iron for the corners
it came out very well for my first metal project

but heres my problem
how do i put it on the jeep?
i dont have a stock roof rack
so how would i go about mounting the roof rack to the gutter
i fabbed up the roof rack so i dont have a problem fabbing up the mounting braquets just need some guidance

pictures would be nice

cas

Not to be a jerk but...

Shouldn't the attaching points be part of the planning/design process prior to actual fabrication? I mean...I know hindsight is 20/20 but...you were just giddy to be doing something right?

Your best bet at this point is going to be using some Yakima raingutter mounts and crossbars or something similar. Then you just gotta worry about securing the rack to the crossbars, which should be easy. OR...you could set the rack on the roof and then wrap duct tape from one side of the rack, down the side of the Jeep, under it (watch it around the exhaust so you don't melt the duct tape), back up the other side and then secure that the other rail on the rack. Repeat a bagillion times. You're good to go.

Last edited:
Casio-copy.gif

Ok. I forget the name of these guys, but....
hd-6_big.jpg

Last edited:
footdale said:
1/2" solid square steel? How much did it end up weighing?

Too much.

Oh, and that looks like a C-Rok mount Lou.

I used Gutter mounts fromS urco and they are awesome. You can take some like 2"x1/8" bar and slapp them under and drill holes for the mount holes and crank her down and all done

Back