• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cargo area tire carrier? Can't find it

Starscream

NAXJA Forum User
I saw a tire carrier on here that someone had custom made for them that was very similar to a tire carrier for a pickup bed and mounted in the rear cargo area. I know I saw it here, and for the life of me I cannot find that thread anywhere. It mounted through the floor (I believe) and had the tire mounted at an angle so it wouldn't block vision too much or hit any passengers in the head.

Someone help me out please. I'm really interested in it now that I'm looking for a carrier.

Thanks in advance...

Jed from Armorology made a real nice one for Flash Gordon fairly recently. He is here in my town and does some real impressive tube work. Tell him Martin from Rock Lizard sent you. I was thinking about talking to Jed into making a few of these for me maybe for a group buy or something, but haven't gotten around to talking to him about it yet. Here is that picture you were probably looking for:

DSCF0646.jpg

We are redesigning the carrier to fit a 35 a little better and still keep the hi-lift in the same area while being able to close the hatch. Will post pics when it's finished.
Shawn

My only problem with it is, where does he keep all of his stuff now? I carry so much repair/recovery stuff daily that I could never get away with that even though I'd love to have it. I don't really need to carry all that I do, but it's enabled me to help quite a few other people out over the years.

I can actually keep a lot of stuff back there. I keep a toolbox and my extra fluids under the tire. I have two bags of stuff that fit on each side for recovery gear and what not. Extra axles fit right in front, they will go on the roof soon with a rack. I did loose some space, but for the convenience of the tire/high-lift I'm OK with it.
Shawn

flash_gordon said:
I can actually keep a lot of stuff back there. I keep a toolbox and my extra fluids under the tire. I have two bags of stuff that fit on each side for recovery gear and what not. Extra axles fit right in front, they will go on the roof soon with a rack. I did loose some space, but for the convenience of the tire/high-lift I'm OK with it.
Shawn
How much did you pay for it? Someone said there is a whole thread about it, but I can't find anything.

Timber said:
My only problem with it is, where does he keep all of his stuff now? .

He has a swing away basket on his bumper LOL j/k

The fab work looks awsome and its a good idea. But I do know most tires changed on the trail are not something I would want to put inside my jeep, all that mud and trail nast all over all my stuff is not cool :).

2 months ago I would have jumped right on one of these because I just didn't like the idea of a rear tire carrier. Well I finally caved down and repaired mine(have a used durango bumper off of a friends wrecked XJ) and now i love it. I can't believe I used to keep a spare inside my jeep now :D. Just my .02

BlueCuda said:
He has a swing away basket on his bumper LOL j/k

The fab work looks awsome and its a good idea. But I do know most tires changed on the trail are not something I would want to put inside my jeep, all that mud and trail nast all over all my stuff is not cool :).

2 months ago I would have jumped right on one of these because I just didn't like the idea of a rear tire carrier. Well I finally caved down and repaired mine(have a used durango bumper off of a friends wrecked XJ) and now i love it. I can't believe I used to keep a spare inside my jeep now :D. Just my .02
I actually never took into consideration the fact of the muddy tire going back inside. Thanks for pointing that out. :p I really would like a JCR stage 3, but the price just makes me cringe. The thing I loved about this is that it's only like $275 plus shipping.

Back